With a brand new school year comes the opportunity for a brand new you. And, for a lot of teens, a big part of that reinvention is building a better smile.
Unfortunately, many teens often feel reluctant about how they’ll look with braces throughout the course of their treatment.
Yes, having a straighter smile is an amazing end result. But that doesn’t change the fact that having a mouth full of metal can potentially cause you to feel less confident about your current smile during treatment.
If this has been one of your concerns about getting orthodontic treatment up ‘til now, never fear. There is another option that can get you the more beautiful grin you desire without sacrificing any smiles or confidence along the way. Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern, more socially acceptable approach to straightening teeth. Unlike braces, which rely on metallic wires and brackets, Invisalign utilizes a series of customized aligners that are created just for you based on the specifications prescribed by your orthodontist.
These aligners are made from a smooth, clear plastic, and are worn over your teeth. By changing out aligners every couple of weeks, your teeth will gradually shift to the correct position.
- Look Good
Invisalign treatment is designed to be virtually invisible. Being made from clear plastic allows the aligners to blend in with your teeth, which means that during treatment your smile is not compromised like it would be with traditional braces.
- The smooth, flexible plastic that Invisalign aligners are made from is very comfortable and fits easily into your mouth.
- Unlike with traditional braces, you will not experience the discomfort of having to go into the orthodontist’s office regularly to tighten wires or attach new brackets.
- And the aligners can also prevent teeth grinding at night while you are asleep.
- One of the key advantages of choosing Invisalign for your orthodontic treatment is the fact that the aligners are removable. This means that your diet is not restricted throughout the course of your orthodontic treatment like it would be with braces.
- Furthermore, while you are supposed to wear Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 22 hours a day, you have the option of taking them out for social events, school pictures, etc.
Let’s Do It!
If you’ve thought about getting a better smile before, now is the time to act. This year, march down your school hallways with Invisalign and you’ll have the confidence of a clear smile while working towards the straighter one you’ve always wanted too.
To learn more about Invisalign, or to get started on your treatment, reach out to Sturgill Orthodontics at either our Johnson City, TN or Norton, VA location. Whether you are from one of these two cities, or from the surrounding areas of Elizabethton, Erwin, or Greeneville, TN, you have the opportunity to be a better you with Invisalign today!