Serving Our Communities With Smiles
We feel privileged to be able to provide orthodontic care, in Johnson City, TN and Norton, VA.
After all, we don’t just work in the Tri-Cities area—Dr. Sturgill and his team call it home. Sturgill Orthodontics currently sponsors many school and community programs and events.
Sturgill Supports Local Organizations
- Cumberland Pine Mountain Trail Riders
- ETSU University School 5k
- Elizabethton High School Girls’ Basketball
- Fairmont Elementary School Fall Festival
- Happy Valley High School Football
- Johnson City Futbol Club
- Love Chapel Elementary
- Mary Hughes School
- Mountain Empire Community College Walkathon
- Rock Creek Elementary
- Science Hill High School Band Boosters
- Science Hill High School Basketball
- Science Hill High School Cheerleading
- Science Hill High School Golf Tournament
- Science Hill High School Volleyball
- St. Mary’s School Fundraiser
- Unicoi County Basketball Boosters
- Unicoi County Middle School
- Wise County Christian School Color Run
- Keystone Dental Care: We serve at this free clinic in the Johnson City area that provides dental services to those in need
- School Library Magazine Program: We pay for the magazine subscriptions for these local libraries:
- Happy Valley Middle School
- Indian Trail Intermediate School
- Johnson City Public Library
- Providence Academy
Smiles Change Lives
Orthodontic treatment is a transformative experience and it can give patients confidence, while also improving their oral health and quality of life. Unfortunately, not every family in the Tri-Cities can pay for braces for their children or teenagers.
Dr. Sturgill and the Sturgill Orthodontics team want to enable more kids to enjoy the benefits of having a healthy smile in our community. That’s why we’ve partnered with the Smiles Change Lives program to donate orthodontic care to patients in need.
Smiles Change Lives (SCL) is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to helping children whose families can’t pay for the full cost of braces. They partner with orthodontists, like Dr. Sturgill, who are willing to donate their services and match them with patients in the program.
Qualifying families pay a nominal fee that goes towards SCL’s efforts to recruit other orthodontists across the country and, in exchange, receive necessary treatment. We’re thrilled to be a part of this amazing organization and look forward to giving more kids and teens a beautiful smile and the boost in self-esteem that comes with it.
To find out more about the program and see if your family qualifies, visit Smiles Change Lives.