Congratulations on Finishing Your Treatment
It’s been a lot of hard work, but you’re finished with your braces or Invisalign care and you have an amazing, healthy smile. We’re so grateful you chose us to unlock it for you. Now let’s talk about what’s next.
It’s important to follow these instructions for your orthodontic retainer, but it’s not difficult! Follow these simple guidelines to preserve your amazing smile:
- Always wear your retainer at night unless otherwise instructed (~ 8-10 hours/day)
- Always bring your retainer to follow-up office visits.
- It’s important for us to make sure your retainer is fitted properly.
- When you take your retainer out in the morning, put in back in your retainer case.
- Your case is great for keeping your retainers safe!
- Pets, especially dogs, love retainers. Keep your retainer in the case so your furry friend doesn't chew it.
- Contact us should you notice any damage to your retainer, it begins to feel loose, or is ill-fitting.
- Brush your retainers with a toothbrush and lukewarm water (not hot) at least once a day.
- This practice helps eliminate odors and plaque buildup, keeping your new retainers fresh and clean.
- Avoid using toothpaste on your retainer, as it can be abrasive and cause scuffing.
- If you accidentally damage or misplace your retainer, please reach out to us promptly.
- It takes no time for your teeth to shift without a retainer!
- Orthodontic retainers can be fragile.
- Avoid exposing them to hot water, hot cars, your pockets, the washing machine, dryers, and napkins.
- Take good care of them, and they‘ll take great care of your smile.