COVID-19 Office Update
Dr. Sturgill, Dr. Williams, and the entire Sturgill Orthodontics team have been working hard to ensure you can continue to receive high-quality orthodontic care in a safe and friendly environment in Johnson City and Norton.
New Office Procedures
As we continue to follow social distancing regulations, our office procedures will look slightly different to ensure the safety of our patients and our team.
- If your child or anyone in your family has had any signs of sickness (COVID-19 or non COVID-19 related) over the last 14 days we ask that you kindly reschedule your appointment.
- Every patient will be required to fill out a health assessment describing their overall health for the last 14 days. Any signs or symptoms of illness will require that your appointment be rescheduled. We cannot see you or your child without this form. No exceptions.
- Every patient will need to fill out an updated consent form to be treated in our office during the COVID-19 pandemic. We cannot see you or your child without this form. No exceptions.
- Our office will be completely closed to anyone unless they have a pre-scheduled appointment. There will be no walk-in appointments allowed.
- Upon arriving at your appointment:
- Call (423) 528-9931 or text our office (423) 282-2333 to let us know you’re in the parking lot.
- Please do not enter the office without texting/calling first.
When we’re ready to see you or your child, a Sturgill Orthodontics team member will come to your car in order to pre-screen for the appointment.
- We will review your health assessment as well as take a forehead temperature.
- Any patient with a temperature above 99.6 degrees will not be allowed into the office and your appointment will be rescheduled.
We request that all parents and siblings stay in the car during the entirety of the appointment. **No siblings will be allowed into the office. No exceptions**
- We’ll accompany your child into the clinic for their appointment.
- If your child has anxiety only one parent can accompany the child into the building.
- The parent must wait in the lobby and under no circumstances will be allowed into the clinic/treatment area.
- If a parent or guardian wants to enter the building, they will have to have the same screening procedure as the patient.
- If a fever is present, the appointment will need to be rescheduled.
We request that anyone entering our building wear a face mask.
- This can be a handmade cloth mask such as a bandana or a scarf.
- Any accompanying adult must wear a mask as well.
We will be following all of the recommendations from the CDC, ADA, IDA and AAO for treatment.
- This means some procedures (like removing adhesive from teeth) may be delayed until later in the year.
During Your Appointment
Before their appointment, your child will be asked to sanitize their hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
Before we work on your child, we will request that he/she gargle with a peroxide rinse.
We will fill out a form with a brief description of the procedure performed as well as recommendations and send it with your child.
We will schedule your child’s next appointment with Dr. Sturgill or Dr. Williams and give them an appointment slip.
If this appointment time does not work for your schedule, please call our Johnson City, TN or Norton, VA office and we will make our best attempt to reschedule for a more convenient time.
We always practice Universal Precautions; however, you will see a very big difference in our PPE.
- We will be wearing goggles and masks as well as plastic face shields.
- Please discuss this with your children so that they can be prepared for their appointment.
- We will post a photo on Facebook if you’d like to show them what to expect!
We have always maintained the highest standards in sanitization and sterilization.
We are increasing all efforts and attempts above-recommended standards to ensure your family’s safety!
Thank You for Your Support
We know these changes may seem like a lot! This has been a time of adjustment for all of us and we would personally like to thank each and every one of you for your patience during this extremely difficult time.
The support you have shown for us during this time is greatly appreciated. Please understand how seriously we take your child’s health as well as the health of our team and the entire community.
Some of these new policies may seem over-exaggerated or extreme, but they are in place based on guidelines for our safety and for the decreased transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
Thank you in advance for your support and continued patience and understanding in our endeavor to keep our community safe. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Sturgill Orthodontics team